This past weekend was full of seafood for my family.. Saturday night I made Jerk Salmon with Mango Salsa and then Sunday I tried out this new Cajun shrimp recipe.. and it was a hit!
I wanted something quick and easy to make.. and already had rice made from the night before, so this was perfect. It was nice and spicy, but not too hot, since Amare ate it all up too! I also like that this recipe makes a sauce, so you can eat it on plain white rice and mix it together for lots of flavour.
Keep scrolling to find out how to make this quick and easy Cajun Shrimp with sauce.
- pound of shrimp (roughly 20-25) peeled and deveined, with tails attached
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Franks hot sauce
- In a medium size bowl, toss shrimp with garlic, lemon juice and cajun seasoning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 1 minute or so on each side, flip once.
- Remove shrimp and set aside. In the same skillet, add chicken broth, ketchup, hot sauce, green onions and scotch bonnet pepper. Mix everything well and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp back to the skillet and coat evenly with mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until shrimp cooks and sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Serve on top of rice and enjoy!
Hope you like this recipe. Comment below and let me know if you try it!
Thanks for Following .Xo