Cooking With Ms Moore : Jerk Salmon w/ Mango Salsa
It’s been a while since I did a recipe post, mainly because I have made generally the same things or a couple new dishes didn’t turn out picture worthy….so didn’t make the cut! lol
I made this Salmon dish, last night and it turned out so yummy! Its a great combination of flavours and colours. I am actually looking forward to trying this salmon dish on the BBQ, in the summer.
This dish is super simple! I had some of my homemade jerk sauce pre-made so it took no time to prep! You can find my Homemade Jerk sauce recipe here.
Once you have made the jerk sauce, you can start preparing the dish.
- salmon fillets
- home made jerk sauce
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mixed red and green peppers chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- long grain rice
- Make Jerk Sauce and set aside. Rinse salmon fillets with water and lemon. Then create a couple slits in each salmon filet.
- Rub the jerk marinade into the slits and all over the salmon.
- Cover and keep in fridge to marinate for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Farenheit
- To make the mango salsa: chop mango, pineapple, peppers and onion. Once chopped, place them all in a medium size bowl.
- Add the honey, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil into salsa bowl and mix together.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Add olive oil to pan and fry salmon on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes each side, depending on the size of fillet. Once cooked through, place on foiled cookie sheet and place in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Place salmon on top of bed of white rice, then spoon mango salsa on top of salmon & Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dish! Comment below and let me know if you try it.
Thanks for Following .Xo