Cooking With Ms Moore : Paprika Chicken & Rice Bake
I haven’t posted a recipe on here in a while, mainly due to the fact I haven’t really tried out any new ones lately!
Last night, I made this Paprika Chicken and Rice Bake and I was surprised with how easy it was and how tasty it ended up being.
Here’s how to make it (I have been using my Instagram stories a lot, so I have included some videos in this post too) :
- 4-5 chicken thighs (I used skinless, but you can use with skin as well)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, evenly coat chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika and oregano.
- On high, heat olive oil in a skillet and place chicken thighs in (if you used thighs with skin, place them skin side down). Cook for 5-6 minutes to brown skin, then flip over. Cook an additional 5 minutes, to brown the other side. Remove from skillet.
- Add the garlic and onions to an ovenproof pot/skillet and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stir well.
- Place chicken thighs back into the pot (skin side up), on top of the rice. Bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you like the videos as well, or if you prefer just pictures for recipe posts.
Thanks for following .Xo