10 Things To Do This Holiday Season
Hello December !!
The countdown to Christmas has officially begun and if you are like me you have already begun blaring your Mariah Carey Christmas album! lol
In all honesty, I have been wanting to decorate for the holidays for the past few weeks, but we just recently moved into a new townhouse as of YESTERDAY (I will not even begin to vent about the stressfulness of that day), so of course it made no sense to decorate in our old house, just to pack it back up and move.
This weekend will be filled with organizing and cleaning the new place, and hopefully the beginning of decorating for the holidays! =)
Now that December has arrived, here are 10 Things on my “Bucket List” to do this Holiday season!
- Have a Christmas Movie Marathon : I could never get sick of watching “Home Alone” no matter how many times I’ve seen it! Get into your cozy Christmas PJs, get a cup of hot cocoa (or if your like me, a nice glass of wine) and watch all your favourite holiday movies to get right in the Christmas spirit (my top 3 are Home Alone, The Grinch and Nightmare Before Christmas!)
- Decorate a Gingerbread House : I haven’t decorated a gingerbread house since I was a kid and I think it would be fun to decorate one with Amare this year. =)
- Indulge in a Beauty Advent Calendar : I have seen so many of these and I think they are super cute as a gift, or you can treat yourself with a gift that gives all month long!
- Go Ice Skating : I haven’t been ice skating in years, but I definitely want to go to the outdoor rink downtown Toronto, by the Christmas tree. It would be Amare’s first time too, so it makes it even cuter. lol
- Fill your house with the smell of Christmas : Whether it’s holiday scented candles throughout your house, freshly baked cookies, or a homemade mix of holiday smells, I love walking into my home and automatically feeling the holiday spirit! Last year I would simmer boiling water with some pine needles from our Christmas tree, cinnamon and orange halves all day long !
- Create your Christmas Playlist : I already have my Christmas playlist ready to play all month long! What are some of your favourite Christmas songs?
- Decorate for the Holidays : I have two bins filled with decorations ready to be emptied and this year I am going to make some DIY decorations as well. Keep an eye out for those “How-To” posts.
- DIY a Wreath for your front door : This is one of the crafts I would like to do this year!!
- Donate clothes to Charity : Tis’ the season of giving and I will definitely be doing a huge closet clean out to donate to my gently loved clothes to charity this holiday season. My #1 Rule: If you haven’t worn it this past year, donate!
- Buy myself an “Ugly Christmas sweater” : Your Christmas sweater doesn’t have to be “ugly”, but I definitely suggest picking one up to really get into the Christmas spirit. ** I can actually cross this off my bucket list, since I picked up my Christmas sweater over Black Friday weekend, from Blue Notes. In honor of one of our favourite Christmas movies, my man and I got matching “Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal” Sweaters. ❤
I hope you enjoyed this list and maybe even got some ideas of things you want to do this season. Comment below and let me know what’s on your holiday bucket list.
Thanks for Following. Xo