Cooking With Ms Moore : Lasagna
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesean cheese
Meat sauce/filling –
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (29oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
Cheese filling –
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesean cheese
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- In large skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic and ground beef. Brown beef, the drain fat. Return to heat, mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 30-45mins, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 5-8 mins. Drain and lay noodles flat on towels and blot dry.
- In medium bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesean cheese, parsley and salt.
- Layer 1/3 noodles in a baking dish (my baking dish is narrower, so I lay 3 down at a time rather than 4). Cover noodles with ricotta mixture, mozzarella cheese and meat sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle additional Parmesean cheese over the top.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins. Let stand for 10 mins before serving.