Cooking With Ms Moore : Spinach & Red Pepper Egg Bites
I have been looking for quick and easy snacks and breakfasts that are healthy. This way when I get to the office after my workout, or want a snack throughout the work day I have something healthy to reach for rather than candy & chocolates lol
I found this recipe on the app Yummly and love it!! Super easy & tasty!! I’ve added a bit of variation from the recipe I found. Its great though because you can make a batch of them and keep them in the fridge for quick grabbing on the go.
This recipe is for 12 egg bites. You can add whatever veggies and meats you like, but this is the recipe for the ones I made 🙂 For this recipe, one egg bite is 80 calories!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- hot sauce (however much you like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (if you don’t have cooking spray, you can use coconut oil or butter).
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and sautee until softened, roughly 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin cups until each one is about 1/2 – 2/3 full. Add sautéed veggies evenly on top of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pupped up and golden brown. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove and serve. If you are going to be refrigerating for later, then take the egg bites out and let cool completely on wire rack before putting them in fridge.
- When re heating, microwave egg bite for about 20 seconds.
Hope you guys enjoy this savoury treat! Nutritional Info is below 🙂