Cooking with Ms Moore : BBQ Grilled Salmon
I bought my man a new propane BBQ for fathers day, since we were still using the small charcoal one we bought when we lived in a condo. Since setting it up we have been BBQ’ing like crazy! Which is great for me, because it has taken the dinner load off of me a bit lol
If you have been following my blog, you know I love salmon! I have posted a few other recipes on here like Garlic Mozzarella Salmon & Green Beans, my staple salmon dish, Soy-Marinated Pepper Crusted Salmon & a new favourite, Spicy Sriracha Lime Salmon, but I have always wanted to try BBQ salmon, so I had my first attempt ever at barbequing last week! I am so happy with how it turned out! 🙂
- 4 medium size fresh salmon filets
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Stir balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and soy sauce with salt, brown sugar, ginger, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until salt has dissolved. Stir in garlic, sesame oil, and olive oil until well combined.
- Pour marinade into large resealable plastic bag or glass bowl. Add salmon to marinade and gently toss to coat. Place into fridge and marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Prepare BBQ for medium-high heat.
- Place salmon on grill, skin side up. Cook about 5-8 mins per side, depending on thickness of filet. Once flipped, optional to glaze salmon filet with excess marinade.
Hope you enjoy this salmon as much as I did 🙂
thx for following