Cooking With Ms Moore : Spicy Sriracha Lime Salmon
If you know me, you know I absolutely LOVE salmon! I eat it at least once a week, and I’m always looking for new ways to marinate and cook it. I also love salmon, because its simple to make and its SOO good for you. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and vitamin B6. It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein and potassium.
This recipe was super simple to make, and full of flavour. I will warn you now, if you are not a big “spicy-food” fan, only add a little bit of the sauce, or skip it all together! lol I personally like spicy food, so I really enjoyed the punch this sauce gave to the salmon. I am also cutting down on my carb intake, so I ate this with a simple spinach and veggie salad but you could eat it on top of rice, or with steamed veggies.
- 3 Salmon fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place marinade and salmon fillets in a large zip-lock bag, seal and place in refrigerator for 30 mins-overnight.
- In another small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients except for cilantro. Cover and keep in refrigerator
- Remove salmon from bag and discard marinade. Spray a nonstick pan or skillet with cooking spray or lightly coat with olive oil. Cook salmon over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until salmon begins to blacken very lightly and is flakey. If salmon has skin on, carefully peel off after cooking and discard.
- While salmon is cooking, remove sauce from fridge and heat in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- When salmon is cooked, drizzle sauce over salmon and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Thx for following. xO