Baking with Ms Moore : Strawberry Blueberry Banana Bread
I absolutely love banana bread! From the smell that fills your home when it’s baking, to the last moist bite!
If you have been following my blog then you know this year I have been very into fitness, eating clean and taking care of my overall health. I have realized I eat way to many carbs to achieve the body I want, so I am continuously on the hunt for healthier options whether it’s meals or snacks.
This whole wheat strawberry blueberry banana bread is so yummy and a nice healthy clean-eating snack or breakfast.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Greek yogourt (I used strawberry flavour but you can use plain)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup non fat milk
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries (about 4-5 large)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat 9″x5″ loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (if you don’t have cooking spray, you can use coconut oil or butter).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a seperate medium-large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg whites and vanilla. Stir in the mashed bananas, honey and Greek yogourt. Mix until there are no large lumps left.
- Add the flour mixture, and milk into the banana mixture. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk, ending with the flour mixture. Once it’s fully mixed together, gently fold in the strawberries and blueberries.
- Spread the batter, evenly into the pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. To check it it’s done, place a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, it’s done!
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before transferring it to a wire rack.
I hope you enjoy this super yummy, healthy version of banana bread! 🙂
Thx for following .xO