Cooking with Ms Moore : Fajita Stuffed Chicken Breast
On Facebook I follow a page called Tasty, that is full of great recipes that I always share on my page to make later, but never actually do… Until now! I have a new obsession with stuffed chicken breast -lol- well here’s another one (i changed the original recipe a little bit)!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (for veggies)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (for chicken)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onions, salt and pepper until the veggies are soft and slightly caramelized. Transfer cooked veggies to a bowl.
- In the same bowl, mix in cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate dish, combine chicken with salt, chili powder, cumin & garlic powder. Make sure spices are evenly distributed over the chicken.
- On a cutting board, slice a pocket in the chicken horizontally and fill the pocket with a spoonful of veggie mixture. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the filling. (I overstuffed my chicken, so it was a bit messier and fuller than I had wanted lol)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the stuffed chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Hope you enjoy this Tasty dish! Comment below and let me know what you think.