I have always wanted to try stuffed chicken breast, and I know there are a lot of different versions out there. For mine I did a chicken breast stuffed with spinach, red peppers, and feta cheese. I was so impressed with how juicy and tasty it was, and it came up to 287 calories.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the garlic, spinach, red pepper and feta in a small bowl.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breast, stuff the pocket with the mixture. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the stuffed chicken “top” side down. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip over for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place stuffed chicken into an oven safe dish and put into the oven. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick the breast is.