Cooking with Ms Moore : Shrimp Scampi
I’ve got another pasta dish for you! This one is super tasty, but not so skinny ! lol Its a classic shrimp scampi, but I will be putting together a “skinny” version, and I’ll be posting that one too.
- 1 pound spaghetti (angel hair pasta would be a good option too)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cook pasta as directed
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and saute until just cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and saute for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and white wine, raise heat to high. Let liquid reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in margarine, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water, and return the shrimp. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and add it to the skillet, along with parsley. Toss. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Hope you enjoy this dish, comment below and let me know what you think.