Cooking with Ms Moore : Skinny Chicken Parmesean & Asparagus
I generally eat healthy, but lately I have really been trying to find or put together “healthier versions” of comfort food or other recipes that are fuller in calories. I made this “skinny” chicken Parmesan with a side of asparagus recently, and it was soooo yummy! This tasty chicken Parmesan is only 180 calories!
- 1 chicken breast filet
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet covered in aluminum foil, with oil.
- Season both sides of chicken filet with salt.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan. In a small bowl, combine margarine and olive oil. Brush margarine and oil mixture on both sides of the chicken, dredge chicken in the bread crumb mixture. Put chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden on bottom, about 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a deep covered skillet, cook the marinara sauce over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Place baked chicken in skillet and top with mozzarella. Cover the pan and cook until cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. If you try it, comment below and let me know what you think!