Baking With MsMoore : Strawberry Cheesecake
One of mine and my mans favourite desserts is cheesecake, and we usually grab one from the grocery store, but the other day he asked me if I could make a homemade one. I was a bit nervous, since baking is a whole other skill than cooking lol, but yesterday I decided to give it a try! I used a pre made pie crust, but next time I’m gonna make the crust myself.
Proud to say he really liked it, even went back for seconds !
- 3 (8oz) packages of strawberry cream cheese, at room temperature *you can use regular cream cheese I just chose to use strawberry
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Strawberries (or whatever berries you want to use)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit
- Mix cream cheese for about 2 minutes in large bowl or electric mixer. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl
- Add 1 cup of sugar, and mix until light and fluffy (about 2 mins)
- Add eggs, one at a time, mix after each
- Add the 1/2 cup of sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla
- Mix until well blended
- Pour filling into crust, spread evenly
- Lift pan and tap it onto the counter a few times to release any bubbles in the batter
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top is set. Use a toothpick, if it comes out clean, the cake is done
- While the cheesecake is baking, combine the 1 1/4 cup sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar
- Spread mixture over cheesecake immediately after removing it from the oven
- Return cake to oven for 5 mins to set
- Cool completely, then cover with aluminum foil and freeze overnight
- Take cheesecake out of freezer. After an hour top with berries, and serve or place in fridge until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy this creamy, delicious dessert!! Comment below and let me know what you think !