Cooking With MsMoore : Mustard Crusted Salmon
Sunday night, I decided to cook Salmon for dinner. I was super nervous since I’ve never made salmon before, so I didn’t wanna ruin it. I used a recipe from Cristina Ferrare’s Big Bowl of Love cookbook, just tweaked it a little bit. I’ll post the recipe below 🙂
I placed the salmon on top of rice, and made a side salad of grape tomatoes and cucumber tossed in Greek feta dressing. I am happy to report that it was super yummy and my man was very happy with it! 🙂 this will definitely be added to our weekly dinner menu.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional to coat salmon
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Dijon or honey mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salmon fillets (this recipe is made for 4 fillets)
- Adjust oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenhiet
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sauté garlic until soft
- Stir in mustard, wine, and lemon juice into saucepan & mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Rub salmon fillets lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and arrange salmon on foil. Bake for 8-9 minutes on middle rack.
- Remove from oven, leaving fillets on baking sheet. Spoon mustard sauce over fillets, evenly. Place fillets back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. (Optional)
I hope you enjoy this light & yummy dish! Comment below if you try it, and let me know what you think !!