Splurge Vs Steal : 10 Shoes You Need for Spring/Summer
As a Canadian fashionista, I have been waiting for the arrival of nice weather, so I can break out my heels and sandals!
I have put together this post to show you my top 10 shoes you need for the Spring/Summer season. I love a nice designer item, but we all can’t afford these luxury pieces, so I’ve added a “Splurge” & “Steal” example for each shoe.
- Black Pumps – these are a must have in every woman’s closet, no matter what season it is! Black pumps scream confidence, sophistication and sexiness.
- Ankle Strap Sandal – These “barely-there” ankle strap heels go with just about everything, work with every body type and make your legs appear longer and leaner.
- Wedge – Did you know the first pair of wedges were crafted out of wine-bottle corks, in the 1930s by Italian designer Salvatore Ferragamo? (Little fashion history lol) Wedges give you the height of regular heels but adds more stability and comfort.
- Ballet Flat – The effortlessly stylish run-around shoe. Go for basic neutrals or a bright colour as your statement piece.
- Animal Print Heel – Take a walk on the wild side with a pair of animal print heels! These will give your outfit an edgy flair.
- Casual Sneaker – A fashionable sneaker is the perfect casual shoe. A white tee, distressed jeans and a sneaker is a great casual weekend outfit.
- Neon Statement Heel – Add a POP of colour to your shoe collection! Neon heels can add some flare to your outfit, when used as a statement piece.
- Flat Sandal – The staple summer shoe, to show off those pretty pedis!
- Floral Print – Floral print is a huge trend for spring and summer! This print will add a nice feminine touch to any outfit.
- Pastel Heel – Pastels are another spring trend; wear these for a soft, feminine touch. Check out my post ‘How To Wear Pastels’ to see how you can pair these.
Majority of the “Steal” examples are from my favourite online shoe site: Lola Shoetique. If you follow my blog you know I’ve mentioned this site before. They have a HUGE selection of shoes at great prices. You can also check them out on Instagram.
I hope you enjoyed this post xo