I’ve seen many bloggers I follow do posts about the Liebster Award, and I always wondered how you got nominated or what is was for. The Liebster Award is a blogging award for small blogs (less than 200 followers) that other bloggers feel are on their way! It’s all about spreading the love through the blogging community and getting yourself out there.
Earlier this week I checked my notifications and was surprised to see that Abby from Grunge Rocks My Socks had nominated me for my first award! Thanks luv!! Make sure you check out her blog too 😉
The eleven questions she gave me are:
- What is your favourite quote and why? I have quite a few favourite quotes, but one that really relates to my life is “Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness.” I have gone through many situations in my life where people have tried or been successful in taking advantage of me, but I have never let that break me as a person. I have and will remain strong, no matter what is thrown my way!
- What do you think the world will be like in the next ten years? What I think the world will be like and what I hope it will be like are two different things! Although, I think we will still have racial profiling, war, poverty, etc. I hope we have moved in a more positive direction in overcoming these issues. I think we will be much more advanced with technology (not like flying cars but u kno! lol) I also think the majority of people will have more than one ethnic background. Living in Toronto, it is very multicultural so I see more and more people having relationships outside of their ethnicity. In ten years I think the majority of people will be of more than one ethnicity. (Which is awesome!)
- Where do you think you’ll be in ten years? I hope in ten years my man and I are married, living in a nice house and have a second child (maybe a girl, so I have one of each 😉 lol). I also hope to have a successful career and own my own business. I think I will be living life, travelling, and being surrounded by love, happiness and success! (Positive thinking !)
- Who is your inspiration and why? This is a tough one! I have many different inspirations whether it’s for fashion, fitness, career, beauty, or life in general! I would have to say above all though my mom is my greatest inspiration. She had me at 20 years old and went through a very unhealthy relationship with my dad. She was strong enough to leave that relationship and keep herself together to create a new and successful life. She never gave up on love or relationships, and did not settle for someone who did not treat her right. She is now happily married to my stepdad and I look at her as a totally new woman from back then. She has taught me to be strong, honest, caring, and no matter how big of a mistake you make its never to late to get up and get your life together, and be happy! I love her for this, she is my best friend and I hope to be as amazing as a mom and friend to Amare.
- What is one of your best talents? I don’t know if you would call it a talent but I’m ridiculously good at Sudoku! lol
- Do you prefer books or films? I love cuddling up, relaxing and watching a movie, but I really enjoy a good book! You can get lost in a novel, your imagination can run wild! I always find if there is a movie based on a book, the book is always better! You can get more detail and description into a book.
- What is your favourite thing to do in your free time? Being a new mom I don’t have a lot of free time.. But when Amare is sleeping and I find myself with some free time I love taking some “me time”. This includes blogging, scrolling through other blogs or Instagram for fashion inspiration, recipes, fitness tips, or new mom info… Or relaxing with a face mask and maybe a glass of wine, or watching a movie with my man.
- Do you think there are any human rights that are more important than another? I think all human rights are very important and can’t really pick one to trump the others.
- Are you more of an indoor or outdoor person? This totally depends on the season lol ! Here in Canada we have some harsh, cold winters so during Winter I’m more of an indoor person but during Spring, Summer and even the beginning of Fall I’m definitely an outdoor person!
- What is your favourite clothing item at the moment? I have so many favourites! I really love a good distressed pair of jeans and pops of colour either neon or pastels!
- If you could marry any actor/actress who would it be and why? I have no idea !!! Let’s just say I would like to hang out with a bunch of different celebrities but not marry any! Lol
Now here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I am afraid of clowns! (Seriously ! I have panic attacks and the whole thing lol)
- There is a 21 year age gap between me and my youngest brother! (Which would make him only 4 years older than his nephew!)
- I make lists for everything!!
- I’ve never travelled outside of Canada and the States
- My favourite smoothie flavour is strawberry-banana
- I never actually thought I would have children until I met my boyfriend
- I absolutely love ice cream and Reese’s peanut butter cups! #guiltypleasures
- I have wanted to work somewhere in the fashion industry since I was a young girl
- I would love to go to Italy one day
- I have a guilty obsession with Kim Kardashian West and her family
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone is a hypocrite
Eleven bloggers I wanna nominate for this award:
** Some of these above bloggers may have more than 200 followers (I couldn’t find their followers on their page) but either way u should definitely check them out !!
Here are the 11 questions I want you to answer:
- Who is your favourite designer and why?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could meet one famous person, (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled or where would you love to travel to one day?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favourite beauty product and brand of that product?
- What is your favourite current Spring trend?
- What is one thing in your purse you could not leave home without?
- Do you have kids or do you plan on having children?
- What is your favourite type of food?